13 de octubre de 2013

open source hardware technology...


«I realized that the truly appropriate, low-cost tools that I needed to start a sustainable farm and settlement just didn't exist yet. I needed tools that were robust, modular, highly efficient and optimized, low-cost, made from local and recycled materials that would last a lifetime, not designed for obsolescence. I found that I would have to build them myself. So I did just that. And I tested them. And I found that industrial productivity can be achieved on a small scale.
So then I published the 3D designs, schematics, instructional videos and budgets on a wiki.Then contributors from all over the world began showing up, prototyping new machinesduring dedicated project visits. So far, we have prototyped eight of the 50 machines. And now the project is beginning to grow on its own.
We're exploring the limits of what we all can do to make a better world with open hardware technology. »




*(Thanks Efren for sharing it with me...)